You may feel lost and overwhelmed with addiction right now, but that condition is only temporary with the right help and support system. Without treatment, addiction can take everything. Your health, your finances, even your future.
Cocaine addiction is a problem in almost every part of Canada. Ottawa, even though it has the parliament grounds standing in it, is no exception to this rule. It is so widely spread throughout the province that the people of Ottawa, even those with very little money can get their hands on it.
Cocaine is a powerfully addictive stimulant drug made from the leaves of the coca plant native to South America. Although health care providers can use it for valid medical purposes, such as local anaesthesia for some surgeries, recreational cocaine use is illegal.
As a street drug, cocaine looks like a fine, white, crystal powder. As with other drugs, repeated use of cocaine can cause long-term changes in the brain’s reward circuit and other brain systems, which may lead to addiction.
In order to overcome an addiction completely, programs, rehabilitation centres, and aftercare options are essential factors to keep in mind anytime throughout your journey to sobriety.
Cocaine addiction can be a slippery, continuous and often dangerous path to walk.
A good treatment centre for addiction should offer services such as: medical services, pharmacotherapy, Nutrition, diet and exercise programs, as well as family therapy services because one person’s addiction can affect everyone else in their life.
Your healthy well-being is very important to your recovery. The first thing someone who is an addict who wants help needs to do, is to get assessed. There are many assess programs in Ottawa, some free and some not.
Ottawa ranks as the sixth largest city in Canada and unfortunately, as the population increases, so does the opportunity for addiction. If you have a severe addiction that is interfering with your life and health, although, this list is not exhaustive.
However, considering these treatment centres is necessary for the best treatment and recovery options possible.
- Ottawa withdrawal management centre (1777 Montreal Road)
- Ottawa withdrawal Management services (Detox), Montfort Renaissance Inc.
- Southern Ontario Cocaine Anonymous
- Ottawa Adult Primary Treatment
- Sobriety Home Drug Rehab Centre
- Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre
- Narcotics Anonymous Centre (Ottawa Area)
- Royal Ottawa Health Care Group
- Assessment and Stabilization Unit (1145 Carling avenue)
- Amethyst Women’s Addiction Centre and Drug Rehab centre
- Maison Decision House (37 Irving Avenue, Ottawa)
- Royal Ottawa Health Care Group/Servides Sante (1145 Carling Avenue).